🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

lights turning on over time instead of instantly

Started by
1 comment, last by ethancodes 4 years ago

Hi all, I'm working on some lights for a vehicle. I've got them setup through Unity's animator, using multiple layers. The animations themselves are pretty simple, turn signals just switch the enabled state of the corresponding light every x amount of frames, the others just set the light to enabled, or not. The problem I'm having though is that when the lights turn on, it seems as though they take half a second or so to get to their fully lit state. I checked to see if intensity was being interpolated but it's never changing. I have checked transitions to make sure there is no exit time and no transition time. When I preview the animation, it works fine. Lights up, lights off, like a light switch. Anybody have any other ideas on this? i'm pretty well at a loss at this point.

Advertisement

Nobody has any thoughts on this one? I've still not been able to find any way to fix this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement